Website Hiller Aviation Museum
Full Job Description
Cashier and Gift Shop Sales – Part Time
The Hiller Aviation Museum is seeking an energetic and dynamic cashier and sales person to work part-time, a mix of weekday and weekend days, in one of the most unique attractions in the Bay Area. The Cashier works with the Gift Shop Manager to serve customers who are purchasing museum admissions and gift shop merchandise.
Hours and Wages
Weekday and Weekend Hours: 14-21 hours per week (7 hours per day)
Starting pay rate: $18.00 per hour
- High school diploma preferred but not required.
- Retail experience and knowledge of Point-Of-Sale / Inventory procedures (preferred, but not essential).
- Excellent communications skills, professional demeanor, well-groomed neat appearance, and customer-oriented approach.
- Basic computer skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct admissions and gift shop sales and other cash register transactions.
- Answer questions about the museum to the visiting public.
- Become familiar with gift shop merchandise and provide assistance to gift shop customers.
- Receive, tag and display inventory and products in the gift shop.
- Perform general housekeeping chores, straightening stock on shelves, dusting and cleaning of display cases, etc.
How to Apply
This is a fun and highly desirable position for the right candidate who is looking for part-time employment. Position available immediately. Serious inquiries only. Send cover letter and resume to Katherine Garcia, Gift Shop Manager, Hiller Aviation Museum, 601 Skyway Blvd., San Carlos CA, 94070.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $18.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- One location