The Frozen Food Clerk is responsible for keeping all store frozen cases stocked and clean during business hours. They are required to assist customers as needed while maintaining a friendly, energetic demeanor. This position requires adhering to all procedural guidelines set by the Frozen Department.
Overview of Responsibilities
- Ensures cleanliness of frozen cases, storage area, and work area for safety. This includes the cleaning of shelves and products, keeping floors free of liquid spills or water, removing hazardous debris from the floor, and sweeping
- Stocks frozen cases. This includes the presentation of product, facing, filling, and organization of all product items as set by the Frozen Department schematics as well as ensuring tag and pricing accuracy
- Examines the rotation of all frozen products paying particular attention to expired stock and discarding outdated or spoiled items
- Responds positively to customer’s inquiries and assists customers with purchases, information, and product selection; requires selling and cross selling of products
- Receives, inspects, and logs products for accuracy of shipment, temperature, and quality
- Monitors the point of purchase signs. Ensures a variety of recipe cards, product coupons, promotional material, and information on complimentary foods
- Requires operating and using equipment such as knives, scales, wrappers, compactors, garbage disposals, pallet jacks, and hand trucks
- Uses knowledge of scales and weight measures to accurately weigh and label products
- Sustains a high level of product knowledge and product preparation
- Walks department regularly to ensure an organized, sanitary, and overall clean appearance at all times
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalency degree
- Preferred 1 – 2 years grocery retail experience in Frozen department processes and procedures
- Must maintain the highest level of customer service at all times
- Must be able to support and contribute to team goals
- Must have basic knowledge of math, weights, and measures
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this position or that a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires vertically/horizontally transferring boxes/crates weighing between 40-60 lbs., from 5” to 72” or from 62” to 9”, for a distance up to 10 feet for between 6-50 hours without mechanical assistance
- Must use a pallet jack to move product between 500-1000 lbs., requiring a force amid 25-50 lbs., for a distance between 15-50 feet for between 5-50 hours
- Upper body forces up to 10 lbs. for up to 1 hour are required
- Coupling forces between 50-60 lbs. for up to 10 hours are required
- Must use a 2 step stool to access shelves for up to 1 step per 8 hours
- Must repetitively bend/squat to access a point 5 inches from the floor for up to 30 hours
- Requires standing continuously for up to 4 hours continuously, for a total of 8 hours per shift
- Will work inside controlled temperatures, as well as coolers/freezers
- Vision is required to order, stock and inventory all dairy products
- Walking up to 3 miles per 8 hours is expected
In addition to a rewarding career, Sprouts offers a comprehensive program to help support you and your family. These programs include:
- Competitive pay
- Sick time plan that you can use to support you or your immediate families health
- Opportunities for career growth
- 15% discount for you and one other family member in your household on all purchases made at Sprouts
- Flexible schedules
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Eligibility requirements may apply for the following benefits:
- 401(K) Retirement savings plan with a generous company match
- Affordable benefit coverage, including medical, dental vision
- Paid parental leave for both mothers and fathers
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts for healthcare and dependent care
- Company paid life insurance and short-term disability coverage
Grow with us!
If you have a passion for inspiring people and a flair for fresh food, consider applying for a job at Sprouts! With a focus on customer service, our neighborhood grocery stores offer high-quality, farm fresh produce, natural meats, plenty of scoop-your-own bulk goods and much more in a fun, friendly, old-fashioned farmer’s market setting. Come grow your career in healthy living with a fast-paced, rapidly growing company and teams that pride themselves on empowering others along their journey.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements. Sprouts’ management reserves the right to amend and change duties, responsibilities, and requirements to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
California Residents: We collect information in accordance with California law, please see here for more information.