Website Scandinavian Designs - Dania Furniture
Full Job Description
- Benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account (HSA)*
- 401k with employer contribution
- Work life balance – Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Fun and rewarding work
- Visually inspiring workplace
- Family-oriented team environment
- Regular schedule
- Generous merchandise discounts
- Pet Insurance
- Tuition assistance
If you love mid-century modern, rustic and contemporary interior products and styles, love to have fun, sell and inspire customers, please join us.
What You Will Do
- Create satisfied customers through honest, knowledgeable and ethical selling practices.
- Maximize sales growth and profitability in a commission-based sales environment.
- Provide excellent and wholehearted customer service with a positive, knowledgeable and consultative approach.
- Contribute to a positive team atmosphere dedicated to the company’s mission of being recognized for the highest level of customer and team member satisfaction.
- Become an expert in our product and services through active self-led learning and company driven product and service training.
- Set energizing sales goals, always striving to improve. You actively seek feedback and practice new habits of success.
- Sales Associates responsibilities include and not limited to:
- Process sales including cash and credit, service and refund transactions accurately
- Perform transactions in our sales and inventory system (POS), complete customer orders, taking payments, and schedule delivery dates for customers
- Greet our clients and answer our phones in a prompt, warm, professional and polite manner
- Process all after-sale service issues with empathy and by following company policy
- Assist in daily opening and/or closing procedures for store in accordance with policy.
- Perform a daily review of your open invoices to ensure accuracy and timely follow up with customers. 100% accuracy on order input and customer comments is our goal to ensure we are managing expectations
- Demonstrate effective de-escalation tactics when working with angry or dissatisfied customers. Work quickly and accurately to find resolutions when problems arise
- Keep the showroom clean, well maintained and welcoming
- Support the warehouse, store support and delivery drivers as needed
- Tag furniture, write service orders, answer phones and inquiries, check inventory, assist with assemblies and other duties as assigned
- Read and respond to company communications shared on the company intranet
- Follow through on emails designated to you within the same day
- 6 months to 2 years or more in sales, retail and customer service experience encouraged.
- Excellent communication skills and professional sales presentation.
- Able to read product and transaction information.
- Associates are available to work a combination of days, evenings and weekends.
- Schedule includes weekends, some evenings, holiday work, inventory and other busy times.
- Able to successfully complete the pre-employment background check.
- Standing and walking most of the day.
- Some lifting and assisted lifting for floor displays and merchandise settings (30 lbs.).
- Some bending, kneeling and stooping.
- Light cleaning, vacuuming and dusting.
- Working with hand tools for assemblies.
- Occasional travel to customer sites and meetings.
- Benefits eligibility depends on scheduled hours.
A family business 50+ years in the making, with over +50 furniture showrooms across the U.S., our sister-brands (Scandinavian Designs and Dania Furniture) are a contemporary home furnishings destination rooted in a love for Nordic culture, modern design and quality craftsmanship. We offer extensive product and sales training to facilitate career growth. Our compensation includes a competitive pay program, comprehensive health and retirement benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer to all. We interview and hire applicants of all backgrounds, orientations, expressions, and identities.