Website Basecamp Fitness
Full Job Description
As a Basecamp Fitness Sales Ambassador, you will be part of a fun and dynamic team that positively affects the lives of our members on a daily basis! Basecamp Ambassadors play a critical role in upholding best-in-class customer service for our members as well as inspiring prospective new members to start their fitness journeys with the Basecamp family. As an ambassador you will directly contribute to the operational success of a fast-paced fitness studio and build relationships with all members of the Basecamp community.
Benefits & Perks
- Flexible schedules
- Workout for free!
- Fitness casual dress-code
- Passionate, collaborative work environment
- Retail discount
- Growth opportunities & development
Duties & Responsibilities
- Greeting members and guests promptly, enthusiastically and with a smile to create an amazing experience every time.
- Communicating with prospective new members, understanding their needs and providing an appropriate membership recommendation
- Selling memberships, class packages and retail products to help achieve monthly revenue targets.
- Organizing and assisting in the operational success of Basecamp’s classes (creating seating charts, assisting members with check-in, setting guests up on bikes, helping re-organize equipment etc.)
- Maintaining the highest of cleanliness standards in and around our studio including regularly cleaning the lobby, training floor, studio equipment, storage areas and bathrooms
- Conducting lead management activities including telephone inquiries and follow up calls with prospective new members and guests
- Supporting Basecamp’s referral program by routinely inviting members of the community to bring friends, families and coworkers
- Participating in new member outreach activities and field marketing events
- Displays enthusiasm, energy and a passion for health and fitness
- Naturally connects with a range of people and personalities
- Team player with the ability to work collaboratively
- Customer service
- Independent self-starter who constantly looks for ways to contribute and solve problems
- Detail oriented
- Strong ability to multi-task
- Stays calm under pressure
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; professional phone etiquette
- Basic fitness acumen
- Comfortable using a computer to email and message members and guests
- Must learn to use Basecamp’s systems (POS, CRM, etc.) in a timely manner in order to be successful in this position
- Minimum Education & Knowledge
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Minimum Work Experience
- Customer Service or Retail experience required
- Sales experience preferred but not required
- Physical Demands and Environmental Conditions
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- While performing the duties of this job, employee is regularly required to use hands, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Willing and able to work various shifts including mornings, nights, weekends and holidays
- This position reports directly to the Assistant Studio Manager
Basecamp Fitness provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $15.00 – $18.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- Bonus pay
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Sales Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location