Website AC Hotel Marriott South San Francisco/Oyster Point
Full Job Description
OTO Development/AC Hotel Marriott SSF is pleased to announce a wonderful opportunity for a Cook.
What will you be doing most days?
- Prepare food for the restaurant on property, banquets and special functions and at a high quality
- Properly and efficiently prepare and present all food items to be served, including accommodating special guest requests
- Rotate food in walks ins and freezers to minimize waste and spoilage.
- Maintain internal cleanliness of all food prep areas
- Assist, as directed, ordering necessary food supplies
- Follow all specifications and to properly set up hot and cold line stations
- Communicate all guest requests to an appropriate person (or supervisor) in a timely and professional manner
- Immediately report all suspicious occurrences and hazardous conditions
- Maintain cleanliness and safety of work areas at all times
- Practice safe work habits at all times and to avoid injury to self and others
- Comply with company and departmental safety rules and regulations, including proper handling of all relevant equipment and machinery
- Perform all other tasks, including cross-training as directed
What are the requirements for this position?
- You have a thorough knowledge and understanding of restaurant operations that encompasses food and beverage, restaurant and banquet service techniques, as well as, health and safety regulations
- You have the ability to communicate in English both orally and in writing
- You must be able to create and promote a positive working environment among team members
- You must have the capacity to work under pressure and perform well under stressful situations
Physical Requirements for this Position
This is a physically demanding position. You must be comfortable standing, sitting, walking, bending, lifting, and squatting for extended periods of time.
This position would require little to no travel outside the property and surrounding area.
OTO Development (OTO) is a one of the fastest growing hotel management companies in the lodging industry. As an industry leader, OTO develops, owns, and operates award-winning select-service hotels in key markets across the U.S. with brand partners: Marriott, Hilton & Hyatt. For six years, OTO has ranked on INC. 5000’s list of Fastest Growing Private Companies and in 2018 was certified as a high-trust, high-performance workplace by the independent analysts at Great Place to Work Institute. We would love for you to join our team!
Contract length: 48 months
Expected Start Date: 30/11/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $16.50 – $17.50 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- Bonus pay
- Signing bonus
Ability to commute/relocate:
- South San Francisco, CA 94080: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)