Website Daly City Police Department
WHO CAN BE A DALY CITY POLICE EXPLORER?
- You are between the ages of 14 and 21, and have completed the 8th grade
- You are enrolled in high school or college and maintaining at least a 2.0 GPA
- You can commit eight hours of service per month after graduating from the Explorer Academy
- You have no criminal convictions
- You are of good moral character
WHAT ARE THE DUTIES OF AN EXPLORER?
- Attend meetings
- Participate in ride-alongs with police officers
- Work with D.C.P.D specialized units
- Participate in civic functions and community events
- Explorer Academy Training
- Participation in local, state, and national competitions
- Specified hands-on training
- Network with other Police Explorer Posts
BENEFITS OF BECOMING AN EXPLORER
- Training: Patrol procedure, communications, department regulations, criminal law, report writing, the fundamentals of police field work, K-9, physical fitness and more!
- Community Events: Safety fairs, traffic control, fundraising, car shows, and other community outreach activities.
Meetings are held on the first and third Wednesdays of the month at 6:00 PM at the Daly City Police Department. Please call for an appointment or for further information, please contact Officer Randy Ortiz at (650) 991-8117 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.