Website Sports Basement
Full Job Description
If you love talking about outdoor gear, this is the position for you! From introducing beginners to a new sport or hobby to trading insider tips with experts, you’ll get to talk to a huge range of customers about the gear and adventures you love the most.
Sports Basement offers a competitive wage with plenty of opportunities for advancement after skills and experience are demonstrated. Specific starting wages are dependent on location and experience. We went above and beyond with our benefits, as a Sports Basement staffer you’ll get:
- Full health, dental, and optical coverage (full-time staff).
- Participation in our profit-sharing bonus pool (full-time staff).
- 40% off our already low prices. . . for life! (after you work 2,000 hours).
- A kitchen fully stocked with free, tasty, healthy food for breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner.
- A free flight every time you work the equivalent of one full year.
- Free skiing, camping, and biking trips with our Out of the Basement program.
- Free use of our rental gear.
- Up to $1,000 per year in event and race fee reimbursements.
- 401(k) plan.
- Stock options program (full-time staff).
- Flexible schedule for students.
- Make genuine connections with customers by engaging in conversation. Ask open-ended questions with the intent to understand what the customer needs and tailoring your approach.
- Assist customers in an enthusiastic and courteous manner; providing service that makes customers say “wow!” (in a good way).
- Advise and suggest products and gifts that are perfect for customers and their needs (not just whatever’s priced the highest!).
- Be a product expert. Gain full understanding of product descriptions and their technical nuances to be able to answer any question a customer might pose.
- Make our customers aware of sales and promotions so they are always getting the best shopping experience possible.