Join Our Team!
Do you enjoy working together as a team to accomplish major goals? Join Cinemark to utilize and expand your skills! We are dedicated to making the movie experience memorable, “One Guest at a time.” Our world class talent creates a warm and friendly culture through shared values.
What We Can Offer You:
Every team member deserves the star treatment! Each career comes with a variety of benefits for both hourly and salaried team members. *Benefits may vary by career category, see career listing for exact details*
· Employee Discount
· Growth Opportunities
· Education Assistance
· Health Benefits
· Parental Leave
· Paid Time Off
· Pet Insurance
What is an Usher?
An Usher will create a welcome environment for Customers. They will assist and direct Customers to their destination. This individual will provide movie and theatre information while ensuring a quality listening and viewing experience. They will implement auditorium management. An usher will keep theatre property clean and free of debris. They will maintain order and prevent panic in a crisis.
The Usher may also be asked to cross-train and work as the Box Office Cashier, Concessionist, or Restaurant Worker, as staffing needs require. As a result, Employee must also be able to perform the essential job functions of those positions.
A Day in the Life of an Usher:
- Greets Customers and visitors
- Announces information (seating availability, promotions, etc.)
- Tears tickets and directs Customers to an auditorium
- Helps Customers find seats and invites Customer seating changes when the auditorium is full
- Monitors auditorium for unruly behavior and movie presentation and sound quality
- Cleans auditorium between each showing
- Keeps theatre property clean and free from debris (lobby, aisles, restrooms, auditoriums, exits, parking lot, etc.)
- Changes marquee information when needed
- Instructs and calms Customers in the event of an emergency
- Transports supplies to and from storage rooms
- Assists in the maintenance of the theatre (replacing light bulbs, cleaning walls, doors, mirrors, etc.)
- Consistently ensures and promotes adherence of proper social distancing guidelines.
- Consistently identifies and sanitizes employee high contact areas within/around our podium, game room & customer service area(s); countertops, point of sale equipment (smart podiums), ticket printers, kiosks, and entry door handles.
- Consistently wipes down and sanitizes customer high contact areas within our auditoriums such as entry door handles, handrails, armrests/cupholders, seat backs/buckets, and recliner operation buttons.
- Consistently wipes down and sanitizes customer high contact areas within our restrooms, entry door handles, sink faucets, urinal/commode flush handles, etc.
- Properly utilizes personal protective equipment while completing position specific tasks.
- Ability to adapt to the frequency and scope of required cleaning tasks.
- Watches for safety or security issues (trip hazards, lighting, suspicious persons, etc.) and reports to management
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned by management
What You Will Need to Have:
- Availability to work flexible shifts which include evening hours, weekends, and holidays
- Requires regular and consistent attendance
- Ability to communicate with all ages, genders, and personalities
- Ability to effectively and regularly converse in and comprehend in English
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time, and to be able to move quickly
- Requires the ability to reach at different levels
- Ability to speak clearly and to hear or lip-read adequately
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
- Must be at least 16 years of age
What Physical and Environmental Requirements You Will Need to Have:
- Frequent bending, kneeling, and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Frequent standing, walking and reaching around the theater
- Noise level may be moderate to high at times
- Be able to work in a standing position for extended periods of time