Website Sweet Greens
Full Job Description
Want to be a part of something big..come live the sweetlife!
IMMEDIATELY HIRING for our San Mateo location!
1 E 3rd Ave, San Mateo, CA 94401
sweetgreen is strictly following all state mandated risk and safety guidelines to keep our guests and staff safe. Come be a part of our growing family!
Cooks/Dishwashers – $16.50/hr
On a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food– we are passionate that real food should be convenient and accessible to all. As a Team Member, you are an ambassador of the sweetlife and sweetgreen’s core values – start creating healthy, transparent, and delicious food today. No matter where you start, the opportunity is available to cross-trained and progress in your career.
What you will get:
- A friendly, fun, and positive work environment, with a welcoming and supportive team
- A clear career path with opportunities for advancement and career development
- Free sweetgreen gear and tenure rewards through our ‘Shades of Green’ program
- Healthy and delicious shift meals
- Medical, Dental, & Vision plan options available for part time and full time Team Members
- Competitive wages
- Vacation + Wellness time*
- 5 month paid parental leave*
What is required:
- Food, Restaurant, and/or Team experience with knowledge of proper food safety handling
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with kitchen and food prep equipment
- A team player able to uphold high standards with a positive can-do attitude
- Quick and adaptable learner with collaborative communication skills
What you do:
- Ensure food meets food safety and quality standards to eliminate cross-contamination on the front line
- Prep all cold and hot food items using prep worksheets
- Follow proper knife safety procedures
- Operate oven and hot prep equipment, ensure proper time/temp of all hot and cooked foods
- Operate fit-wash, robot coupe and all other cold prep equipment
- Maintain clean, food-safe dish and prep stations throughout shift
- Set up and break down oven station, maintain clean and organized hot prep zone and equipment
- Manage communication between Service Team Members and Kitchen, inventory front line, prep zones, oven and walk-in to determine needs. Ensure areas are always stocked
- Learn and maintain knowledge of our changing salad menu + ingredients
- Put received orders away
*dependent on eligibility
equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $16.50 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- sweetgreen team members must be a minimum of 18 years old. Are you at least 18 years old?
Work Location: One location