Website Clayroom SoMa
Full Job Description
Full Job Description:
We are looking for a self-motivated and results oriented part-time Studio Intern to help support a community and local pottery studio (Clayroom SoMa). This individual will have the opportunity to work on several areas of a pottery studio including the tech side (i.e. loading and unloading kilns, mixing glazes) while also helping guide members and students. This role is intended for someone with strong customer service skills who is passionate about ceramics and is looking to help foster a creative environment for the potters that frequent the studio.
Assist with the day-to-day operation of the Pottery studio
Core responsibilities include:
- Support all tech related items and maintenance of the studio including but not limited to: refilling glazes, reclaim clay, inventory management, helping with clay deliveries, kiln load/unloading, kiln washes. The ability to lift 50 pounds is required.
- Help create a welcoming and friendly atmosphere and supporting students and members during open studio hours
- Be a positive contributor to not only maintaining “status quo” of studio but look for ways to improve the studio and experience
- General cleanup of the studio
- A desire to work in the field of ceramics
- Prior experience and proficiency using a pottery wheel
- Strong desire to help and teach people
- Love to work. This is going to be an active/busy role
- Good social and communication skills
- A self-starter who works well without close supervision and can establish priorities when presented with multiple tasks
- Knowledge of ceramics equipment and processes
- Knowledge of basic glaze making preferred
- Knowledge of loading / firing electric kilns preferred
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for
employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $15.00 – $22.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
All entering the building need to wear masks, have a temperature screening, socially distance themselves, and regularly wash their hands. All tools and surfaces are disinfected regularly in addition to a cleaner that comes weekly.
- One location
Hours per week:
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place