Full Job Description
Goodwill of Silicon Valley will be holding OPEN INTERVIEWS on Thursday 14th April, 2022
Please walk-in between 10:00 am – 2:00 pm for an interview.
Position : Customer Service Specialists/Cashiers
Address for Interview : 855 E El Camino Real, Mountain View – 94040
Meet the Manager on duty.
- Please give yourself extra time to fill out a paper application, and bring your resume to attach to the application for the employment section, if you have one
- The Store Managers and Supervisors will be conducting Interviews
- If hired, please let the Interviewer know when you are available to attend Orientation
Customer Service Specialist/Cashier
- Responsible for customer assistance, cash register operation, sales/monetary transactions, opening/closing procedures.
- Maintains positive customer and employee relations; reporting any problems/complaints immediately to the store manager.
- Assists with inventory, display, merchandising and placement of stock on sales floor, stock rotation and mark-downs.
- Assists with picking/straightening up or arranging merchandise and housekeeping tasks (including restrooms) to ensure neat, clean and safe working environment.
- Becomes familiar with and uses proper handling techniques and equipment to ensure safe handling of merchandise.
- Becomes familiar with and follow store policies and procedures as well as general company policies.
- Is aware of possible damage, theft or potential safety hazards, reporting observations immediately to store manager.
- Follows and enforces all company procedures.
- Performs other duties as requested.
Proficient in the English language
Retail sales and /or cash handling experience strongly desired
Ten-key or calculator, telephone, personal computer, printer, fax machine, cash register
Pushcarts, boxes, barrels, hand trucks, z-racks, clothing/display racks, mattress cart.
- Ability to maintain self-control and deal effectively with public and work in cooperation with co-workers.
- Ability to tactfully explain decisions or present information clearly, as it pertains to store policies.
- Ability to perform arithmetic, and count money/change quickly and accurately.
- Ability to learn and accurately perform opening/closing procedures, cash register operation and related paperwork quickly and accurately as they pertain to store operations.
- Ability to coordinate hand-eye-foot movements to safely handle and/or move merchandise to minimize damage, eliminating hazards and accidents/injuries.
- Ability to move hands and fingers quickly to count money/change and operate cash register.
- Ability to accept directions, follow procedures and perform both repetitive and varied duties without loss of composure or efficiency.
- Ability to understand and communicate clearly in English.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $17.10 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability
Work Location: One location