Website NIJIYA MARKET- Japanese Grocery Market
Full Job Description
Primary responsibility is to provide courteous, friendly, and efficient customer service to customers and team members as well as projecting a positive image of NIJIYA MARKET.
Other duties include processing all cash receipts, daily sales of Nijiya Market and product merchandising and stocking as needed.
- Give every customer immediate and undivided attention. Follow through on all customer questions and requests.
- Physically leads customers to products that the customer has requested for purchase or directing them to the Manager for assistance.
- Follow proper procedures for customer check out, handling of tenders, use of tares, sales of alcoholic beverages, and use of PLUs and UPCs.
- Must have the ability to memorize product identification codes and specials.
- Be familiar with all products, their general use and location in the store.
- Cashiers often bag their customer’s purchases, and help customers to their vehicles as needed.
- Follow all procedures to prevent fraud; using counterfeit detection pens or machines on denominations of $20.00 or higher and verifying valid identification matching credit cards.
- Follow all Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintains that all secure measures are taken in the preparation and count of daily cash receipts and drawer counts.
- Assist in the cleaning and dusting of the check stands and surroundings areas and may take “return” products back to proper shelf locations.
- Assist managers by filling in where needed including, but no limited to, answering phone calls and retrieving shopping carts.
Physical and other requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the department, weekend must work at least 1 shift.
- At least 3 days per week available.
- High school education or equivalent combination of education preferred.
- Previous Front End or Customer Service experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team; ability to communicate effectively with customers.
- Ability to visually examine products for quality and freshness.
- Complete understanding of all safety requirements and company safety policies.
- Must possess the ability to apply on-the-job safety training to recognize and react to possible safety hazards on store premises.
- Reports any issues that may be questionable and/or reoccurring problems especially in the area of missing or overages in cash receipts.
- Ability to stand in place for long periods of time.
- Must be able to frequently lift 25lbs and occasionally lift up to 50lbs.
- Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.
143 E El Camino Real, Mountainview, CA 94040
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: From $15.62 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
To keep our cashiers as safe as possible, we’ve installed clear plastic barriers, and provide masks, gloves, and had sanitizer.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- One location