Website Pitco Foods
PITCO FOODS WAREHOUSE CASHIER / STOCKER
Efficiently and accurately processes member orders by ensuring the transfer and accurate scanning of merchandise. Enters transactions into the register collect payment and make the change when necessary. Performs the Front End opening and closing tasks as necessary. Follows proper safety procedures and standards. Maintains courteous member service at all times while monitoring a smooth flow of members through the registers.
- Provides prompt and courteous member service by greeting members, obtaining membership cards, determining member packing preferences, answering questions, relaying information on permanent/special promotions and thanking members.
- Accurately records the sales of items to the register by moving all merchandise across the scan window, using a hand-held scanning gun or, if necessary, the 10-key pad. Transfers or ensures the transfer of each item as the items barcode is scanned while adhering to all safety and security procedures. Promotes accurate merchandise inventory by monitoring the accurate scanning of all merchandise passing through the register.
- Counts register at the sign on. Ensures the registers cleanliness. Orders change, cash increases/loans when needed. Makes witnessed drops/deposits of excess funds to the vault, orders cash increases and counts own register at shift end to maintain accurate register funds.
- Receives accurate payment for merchandise; makes a change; processes checks, credit and debit charges according to proper departmental procedures for paperwork and the performance of duties. Must be able to accurately count large sums of cash in various denominations.
- Assists in the opening and closing duties of the Front End department, placing returned or moved product back to their allotted spots in the warehouse, collecting register paperwork, stocking registers, cleaning the Front End area and retrieving carts.
- Follows proper Front End and general safety procedures and standards.
- Assists in other departments of the warehouse as necessary. This may include stocking and aisle maintenance.
- Provides prompt and courteous customer service to members, employees, and suppliers.
- Communication Articulates information in a way that can be easily understood by employees, members, and suppliers. Actively listens to fellow employees, members, and managers.
- Member Service Exhibits a professional demeanor toward others. Unselfishly serves others and assists members, employees, and suppliers in a prompt and effective manner while following company procedures. Ability to identify problems, finds solutions, and makes sound decisions that reflect PITCO Foods Code of Ethics.
- Self-Motivated Well-organized and able to prioritize, multi-task, and adhere to deadlines while working efficiently and independently with minimal supervision. Accepts responsibility for his/her choices and decisions. Always maintains a positive attitude.
- Team Player Cooperates well with a variety of personalities and individuals and participates in a professional manner to accomplish the business goal. Willingness to perform tasks assigned by supervisors and to assist others as needed.
- Flexibility Adjusts positively to change in direction or assignment. Ability to do more than one task during a work shift. Willingness and ability to comply with new programs, methods, practices, and procedures.
- Due to forklifts and other heavy equipment traveling through the store, the environment can be noisy and dusty and may emit gas fumes.
- Standing and walking for long periods of time on the concrete surface.
- Doors at the front are frequently open, causing drafts and interior temperature changes.
- May have to handle merchandise and work with sharp tool edges.
- Tools, supplies and related merchandise may contain hazardous materials.
- Hours may vary due to operational need.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent preferred.
- Bi-lingual a plus but not required.
- Must pass Drug Test and Background Check.
- 2 years of Cashier or comparable work experience, as well as the ability to use 10 key, scanner, and cash register.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Basic math skills and legible handwriting.
- Required bending, stooping, reaching, twisting, lifting, pushing, pulling and moving items with need to lift and move bulky and heavy items without assistance up to 65 pounds for 8 – 10 hours/duration of shift.
- Ability to follow instructions and complete required training.
- Ability to work independently and/or as a team member.
PITCO Foods is a large independent foodservice distributor in Northern California. Based in San Jose, CA, PITCO also has distribution centers in Brisbane, Oakland, and Sacramento.
Pitco Foods is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.