Do you enjoy meeting and talking to new people? Does being the face of a company excite you? Do you have a passion for delivering an extraordinary customer service experience while working in a fast paced and friendly environment? If the thought of helping people make healthy choices in one of the fastest growing retailers is up your alley – then we need YOU to join our winning team at Sprouts Farmers Market as a Cashier!
Overview of Responsibilities
As a Cashier at Sprouts Farmers Market, you are the face of the company while you process each customer’s order quickly, accurately, and efficiently while ensuring complete customer satisfaction through prompt and friendly service. As a Cashier, Sprouts Farmers Market looks to you to accurately handle customer cash, credit/debit payments, and change, and assist customers by providing information and resolving their complaints. Following all front end procedures, assisting with stocking shelves, facing and dusting as needed are all a part of the day for a Sprouts Farmers Market Cashier. A Cashier maintains knowledge of weekly ad items, gives customers direction of product location throughout the store, is familiar with events and seminars going on or coming up, and maintains excellent communication with front end manager and Head Cashier at all times. A Cashier is expected to ensure that checkout areas are properly maintained in a clean and orderly condition at all times, and execute all other related duties as assigned.
To be a Cashier at Sprouts Farmers Market you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age and have a high school diploma or equivalent, and 1-2 years of recent cashiering experience.
- Have and show an outgoing and friendly behavior, a positive attitude and the ability to interact with our customers.
- Ability to operate front end equipment; register, calculator, scanner.
- Be dependable and reliable having the ability to work a flexible schedule that changes as the business changes; including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Have good communication skills; the ability to take direction/constructive criticism and participate in a team environment
- Be able to perform repetitious activities, and have the ability to multi-task, prioritize and stay organized.
- Must lift/carry product horizontally/vertically weighing up to 30 lbs., from 36” to 24”, for a distance up to 3 feet for up to 50 hours without mechanical assistance.
- Must use both hands to move grocery carts horizontally requiring a force up to 35 lbs., for a distance up to 4 feet for up to 50 hours.
- Requires strong attention to detail and proficiency with numbers; proficient in cash handling and mathematical skills; ability to read, write and count.
In addition to a rewarding career, Sprouts offers a comprehensive program to help support you and your family. These programs include:
- Competitive pay
- Sick time plan that you can use to support you or your immediate families health
- Opportunities for career growth
- 15% discount for you and one other family member in your household on all purchases made at Sprouts
- Flexible schedules
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Eligibility requirements may apply for the following benefits:
- 401(K) Retirement savings plan with a generous company match
- Affordable benefit coverage, including medical, dental vision
- Paid parental leave for both mothers and fathers
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts for healthcare and dependent care
- Company paid life insurance and short-term disability coverage
Grow with us!
If you have a passion for inspiring people and a flair for fresh food, consider applying for a job at Sprouts! With a focus on customer service, our neighborhood grocery stores offer high-quality, farm fresh produce, natural meats, plenty of scoop-your-own bulk goods and much more in a fun, friendly, old-fashioned farmer’s market setting. Come grow your career in healthy living with a fast-paced, rapidly growing company and teams that pride themselves on empowering others along their journey.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements. Sprouts’ management reserves the right to amend and change duties, responsibilities, and requirements to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
California Residents: We collect information in accordance with California law, please see here for more information.