Full Job Description
We are looking for a full-time Cashier who enjoys working with the public and has a friendly, outgoing personality. As a team-oriented company, we seek an individual who can be flexible with work hours. The ideal candidate is dedicated to providing exceptional customer service and displays a positive attitude when interacting with customers and employees.
- Perform basic math functions to collect payments and make change.
- Operate registers, scanners, scales and credit card/debit card terminals.
- Memorize product locations throughout the store and be able to direct customers or make suggestions.
- Handle cash in a quick, efficient manner.
- Collect payments and bag purchases for customers.
- Maintain accurate cash drawer.
- Take a tally of the funds in the cash register when required during a shift and produce transaction reports.
- Keep the checkout area clean and orderly.
- Mathematical skills and the ability to handle transactions quickly and accurately.
- Previous experience in a retail store or as a cashier.
- Positive, helpful attitude toward customers, including the ability to speak clearly and convey information accurately.
- Ability to process coupons, refunds, gift cards, and checks.
- Knowledge of register operation, including cash, credit cards, and register receipts.
- Require Food Handler Card.