- 60 31st Ave, San Mateo, CA 94403, USA
- Department: H&M
This is H&M. Together we make it possible.
Working at the heart of a fast-paced fashion business, a Cash Office Responsible (COR) is responsible for the cash office, sales floor, administration, and organization. This role will train, inform, and support the store team to ensure they are knowledgeable and competent in-store stock, cash, banking, and administration procedures. Meeting the expectations of customers and colleagues at all times, as well as following H&M procedures and standards, are a given for the COR. The COR will work in accordance with legal requirements and H&M standards, policies, and procedures to meet the expectations of customers and colleagues.
This position is within our Sales Function, and reports to our Store Manager.
Core Responsibilities includes but is not limited to:
The COR will ensure the store adheres to the company accounting, payroll, and cash handling policies and procedures to comply with legislation and prevent losses.
· Complete all cash handling, accounting, and personnel requirements in a secure, accurate, and timely manner
· Pro-actively prevent administration mistakes and cash losses and follow up daily on the status
· Complete the required reports and data entry
· Communicate with the relevant people in the business (e.g. Accounting, Payroll department, IT, Controlling, Security, and Area/Regional Teams)
· Report any mistakes, losses, or improper practices and follow up in the correct manner
· Responsible for weekly and monthly orders such, office supplies, PPE, Etc.
· Works with timekeeping and scheduling system as part of opening/closing routines and STAR maintenance
· Ensure that all technical equipment (tills, scanners, back-office equipment) are in working order and any faults are reported and followed up
The COR will support the sales in store by encouraging and supporting efficiency through best practice. Keeping up to date with products and sales activities.
· Perform all store routines, including the opening and closing of the store, following all Company practices and procedures included but not limited to morning meetings, helicoptering the sales floor, maintaining cash point lines, garment care, and fitting room go backs throughout the day to deliver the Best Customer Experience
· Prepare the cash points daily with correct floats, stationary and perform the required cash lifts. Ensuring end of day routines are supported
· Help all staff to be knowledgeable in the cashpoint procedures and best practices to provide the best customer service and prevent administration or cash losses
· Prevent stock loss by verifying reduction and garment transfer routines to ensure correct bookings
· Along with the management team keep a tidy and organized back of house, following safety and security requirements
· Ensure the correct key handling procedures are adhered to by all staff and management
· Along with Management ensures that the truck is processed and follows up on execution according to guidelines
Training and Information
The COR will work together with the management team to keep the store up to date and well informed of all administrative policies and routines.
· Train and educate the staff and management teams on administration procedures
· Communicate all accounting and cash handling routines and policies within the store
· To adapt to any new policy or procedure changes and communicate to colleagues
· Ensure health & safety, legal, and security issues are being handled to H&M standards and local laws always securing the employee and customer safety
· Assist the management team with the training and development of our colleagues on the operational side of the business by following up on clear goals and providing timely feedback
· Ensure all colleagues training is current and GROW colleague information is up to date
· Assist Store Manager with sales and profit responsibility for your store
· Accurate recording of sales figures and hours
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
· High School graduate or equivalent
· Ability to lift in excess of 20 pounds
· Ability to stand for long periods of time, bend, stretch, engage in repetitive motions, push, pull and carry items (mannequins, clothing, totes, torsos, etc.) for a short distance
· Ability to climb a ladder and use a step stool
· Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills
· Proven organizational and analytical skills, able to take initiative to complete tasks and solve problems
· Able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
· Must be able to work in a flexible work schedule including nights and weekends
· Basic computer skills such as browser navigation, software interaction, and data entry are needed
· Minimal travel required (i.e. Workshops)