Website The Peninsula Golf & Country Club
Full Job Description
Title: Camp Counselor
Employment Type: Seasonal
Summary of Position:
Camp Counselors engage and lead a group of 5-10 children (aged 4-12, grouped by age) while teaching themed activities per week. Maintain a high level of customer service while ensuring participation from all members of the group. Collaboration with other campers for some themed activities. Working by weekly commitment – Tuesday to Friday either 8:45am-1pm or 9am-4pm (with lunch break).
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Lead Group activities.
· Model good behavior for campers as it relates to sportsmanship, manners, and respectfulness.
· Clean and maintain equipment.
· Memorizing all emergency procedures and enforcing camp rules.
· Minimum of 15 years of age (individuals under the age of 18 must obtain a work permit).
· CPR, AED, first aid is a plus.
· Ability to work well with others and be a team player.
· Possess exceptional communication, teaching, and leadership skills.
· Demonstrate an enthusiastic and energetic attitude.
· Demonstrate maturity and integrity while performing work duties.
· Experience and interest with Child development or related field highly desired.
· Exceptional problem-solving skills as well as flexibility in last minute planning.
· Familiar with GroupMe.
· Creativity highly valued.
Job Type: Temporary
Pay: $16.20 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
- San Mateo, CA 94403: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Childcare: 1 year (Preferred)
- First Aid Certification (Preferred)
- CPR Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: One location