Website Barnes & Noble
• Execute on the four core service principles: put the book in the customer’s hand, offer to order, offer the Member program, and fast cashiering.
• Greet and establish rapport with customers, proactively engaging them in conversations about our products, services and promotions to determine their needs and recommend the right products.
• Ensure all customer transactions are processed accurately and in a timely manner.
• Share knowledge and enthusiasm about all our products, services, and promotions, providing a personalized experience to multiple customers at the same time.
• Respond to customer’s concerns and questions, and secure the sale.
• Drive customer loyalty through successful selling of Memberships, gift cards, Kid’s Club and other sales initiatives.
• Communicate specific product needs to managers to ensure the store is stocked appropriately with in-demand titles and customer requests.
• Recover the selling floor during each shift by, gathering and restocking items, straightening bookcases, maintaining tables in the Café, maintaining restroom cleanliness, and performing other store housekeeping tasks.
• Support and promote business development sales and in-store events
• Assist in any area of the store as needed.
• Adhere to all inventory and loss prevention standards.
• Help orient new booksellers, ensuring a smooth acclimation to the store and our bookselling culture.
• Strong communication skills
• Spend the majority of time on the selling floor, which requires physical activity (i.e., prolonged standing, repetitive bending, lifting, climbing)
• Availability for early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays to align with store needs