Website Cocoa and Butter
Full Job Description
New Restaurant Opening Palo Alto, Ca.
$18-22 per hour
About Cocoa & Butter:
Cocoa & Butter is a family-owned and operated European-style bakery and patisserie cafe, opening early Spring 2022 in Palo Alto, CA. We believe that vibrant neighborhoods are not built on ghost kitchens, but rather spaces where people can gather around and savor food. As we emerge from the pandemic, we will be offering an ambiance focused on celebrating the art of food, and are looking for team members who share this vision.
We are looking for a passionate individual to join the service team of an upcoming bakery and cafe. If you share our vision and pride in offering the community fresh food, bread and pastries made daily from local ingredients, then we invite you to indulge in this culinary journey with us.
Why Work With Us
- Working side-by-side with the founder and executive chef who is a culinary graduate from the Bay Area and won the Best Overall Portfolio award amongst all of her graduating class.
- Not just work but learn and grow every day at the job by learning new skills in an entrepreneurial setting from the executive chef who grew her own business over the last 5 years, and has numerous satisfied clients all over the bay area
- Fast career growth by joining early at a startup restaurant
- Provide excellent and efficient customer service
- Prepare beverages following recipes
- Operate coffee machine and related equipment
- Keep the bar area clean
- Execute opening and/or closing procedures
- Operate the POS system
- Excited about achieving personal and professional growth
- Report to the Assistant Cafe Manager
- Restaurant: 1-2 years
- GED or higher
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for periods of up to 5 hours in length.
- Must be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 25 pounds.
- Competitive salary
- Sign-on bonus
- On-demand early pay access
- Career growth with on-the-job training
- 12 paid vacations
- Medical insurance, vision and dental insurance
- 8-10 hour shift
- Weekend availability
- Bonus pay