Website Smart & Finals Grocery
Full Job Description
Part-time Associate (Cashier)
410 – Redwood City
- Provide excellent Customer Service?
- Love your Community?
- Love Food?
Join our Store Operations Team as a Part-time Associate (Cashier)!
1185 Broadway Street
Redwood City, California, 94063
The Part-Time Associate is the key to our success!
Stores count on the Part-Time Associate to provide excellent customer service, keep the shelves fully stocked with good, fresh food and create an all around great shopping experience for our customers.
What You’ll Do
- Maintain a store section as assigned and may order, receive and stock merchandise using proper equipment, assures proper pricing on merchandise, checks product date codes to validate proper rotation, stocks shelves, end displays, floor stacks, displays and refrigerated/frozen cases. May prepare perishable products for sale.
- Set up advertising/promotional displays. Reviews invoices/bills for accuracy.
- Clean and maintain sanitation standards in all interior and exterior areas of store and parking lot as directed by store management.
- Operate a cash register, receives payment from customers, and makes change or processes check/charge/debit transactions. Processes cash and/or credit refunds, when approved by management.
- Verify customer eligibility when selling alcoholic beverages.
- Offer friendly, knowledgeable, efficient and courteous assistance to customers by providing them with current store and product information.
- When requested, load customer purchases by assisting customers to their vehicles.
- Perform basic bookkeeping duties. Record lost/damaged goods and store supplies using appropriate tools.
What You’ll Bring
- Candidates should possess the ability to:
- Read and write English, interact with general public and co-workers.
- Read and comprehend simple instructions, product labels, product pricing codes, shelf tags, short correspondence, and memos.
- Write simple correspondence.
- Effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 45 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
It Would Be Extra Awesome if you brought…
- Basic PC/Outlook skills
- Retail Management Certificate
Who We Are
We are the smaller, faster grocery warehouse store and one of the longest continuously operating food retailers in the United States and operates under two banners: Smart & Final and Smart & Final Extra!. Headquartered in Los Angeles, where our history dates back to 1871, Smart & Final operates more than 250 grocery and foodservice stores in California, Arizona and Nevada.
Across all of Smart & Final, we’re passionate about providing for those who provide for others. And we’re dedicated to the communities we serve. With the help of our customers and associates, Smart & Final and the Smart & Final Charitable Foundation donate more than $1 million and 1,000 volunteer hours each year – providing support and improving the lives of millions in the areas of health & wellness, hunger relief and emergency response, K-12 education, and youth sports.
What We Bring
- 10% Associate Discount to Shop Where You Work!
- 401(k) Retirement Benefit + Match
- Continuing Education Benefits
- And Much More!