Website Peninsula Volunteers Inc.
Full Job Description
ORGANIZATION: Founded in 1947, Peninsula Volunteers, Inc (PVI) is a community-based, non-profit organization that develops and administers programs and services for the aging population of the mid-peninsula region, providing over 3000 meals every week to the homebound through Meals on Wheels, and touching over 4500 households through programs at Little House, The Roslyn G. Morris Activity Center and Rosener House Adult Day Services. With a budget of $5M, PVI has led the nation in developing programs to support the welfare of the older adult members of our community. It is supported by private philanthropy, public grants, and fees.
WHY WORK HERE: PVI attracts volunteers from a wide age-range and diverse backgrounds who want to make a difference in the lives of seniors. Our offices are located at Little House, a beautiful community building next to a park. Our work environment is value-based and team-oriented.
PVI has a strong values-driven culture that supports its mission. The Administration Assistant is expected to model and set an example for other PVI employees to live our Core Values: Respect, Commitment, Trust, Dedication and Compassion as articulated in the PVI Culture Matrix
JOB SUMMARY: Performs program support utilizing computer skills, attention to detail, and organizational and interpersonal skills. May serve as the first point of contact for volunteers, Meals on Wheels clients, and callers. Duties include answering phones, data entry, word processing, and working with spreadsheets, filing, and other general office tasks, and assisting with filling volunteer shifts. Requires exercising independent judgment, initiative, flexibility, and excellent interpersonal skills.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES: ·
- Perform general receptionist duties.
- Answer phone promptly and courteously.
- Screen calls in a polite and knowledgeable manner.
- Take accurate messages, including those in confidence.
- Provide clear information and transfer calls as appropriate Client records management
- Prepare daily route paperwork for meal delivery
- Maintain route size and delivery sequence in ServTracker
- Perform new client intake for MOW contract referrals
- In partnership with other MOW Administrative Assistant, communicate with volunteers via email, phone, and text in order to fill all of MOW volunteer needs.
- Maintain an accurate calendar of volunteer shifts
- Run credit card payments via phone for meal payment and donations
- Perform general office duties (data entry, correspondence, faxing, copying, and operating postage machine)
- File documents (electronically and paper); keep files current
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other staff members, outside agencies, volunteers, and clients
- Maintain an accurate electronic record of food temperatures (based on reported temperatures from drivers)
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, MS Outlook.
- Additional database experience helpful.
- Demonstrated ability to work with toolbars and menus, fonts, copying and pasting, etc.
- Professional demeanor, dependable and regular attendance.
- Must be organized, perform duties promptly and be attentive to details and accuracy.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize work, handle interruptions, and meet deadlines.
- Strong customer service/interpersonal skills, both telephone and in-person.
- Quick learner and resourceful.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Knowledge of general office equipment and procedures.
HOURS: Non-exempt, full-time (35 hr/wk) position.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 – $19.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location