Website theCoderSchool San Mateo
Full Job Description
Who We Are
theCoderSchool is an after-school drop-off program for kids learning to code located in San Mateo. The future will be ever more dependent on technology so let’s get our young generation ready. Learn to Code, Change the World. sanmateo.thecoderschool.com
theCoderSchool San Mateo is looking for a Front Desk Coordinator to help us greet parents and kids and represent the awesomeness that is our school! This is a part-time position on select days of the week from 3-8pm.
- Greet students by name, chat with them, and generally make them feel inspired
- Greet prospective students and parents, explain our programs, show them the facility
- Help create a cool vibe at the school by managing rockin’ playlists, coming up with decorative ideas, anything to keep a cool tech-startup vibe in the school
- Enter customer data and perform various administrative tasks as trained by the General Manager
- Learn and understand theCoderSchool’s backend software, including billing and customer management systems
- Manage the school’s calendar, contact parents over phone for missed lessons, rescheduling, and other operational tasks
- Be open and willing to learn about the wide world of technology, and gain a basic understanding to have educated conversations (with the kids!)
- Good Communicator. There will be plenty of chatting with parents, and of course patience is a virtue when it comes to kids!
- Great Attitude. Somewhat related to being a good communicator. In customer service, a great attitude and communication style goes a long way. Showing genuine interest in students and their growth means a lot.
- Desire and Ability to Learn Quickly. You don’t need to be a tech wiz for this position, but we want you to learn high level technical concepts so you can speak intelligently to parents (and students!), and perhaps be inspired to code yourself!
Interested? Apply with your resume and let’s do it!
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $16.50 per hour
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Bonus pay
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location