The Al Teglia Scholarship Application officially opened up on November 1, 2022. We know that submitting any sort of application can be stressful, so we want to set you up for success! Please read the following tips on how to successfully complete your Al Teglia Scholarship application.
- Visit https://jobsforyouth.org/scholarships/ to learn about the application process.
- Review all of the requirements to make sure you qualify for the scholarship.
- Once you confirm that you qualify, Read the “How to Apply” section and collect all of the required documentation and prep your responses to the essay questions. We recommend preparing your responses in a Word Document so you can easily track your word count.
- As you are preparing your responses to the essay questions, please note that a scholarship review panel will be reviewing your responses and we will be maintaining your anonymity. Please do not include your name, gender pronouns, or school name in your responses.
- To complete your application submission, you will need to obtain two letters of recommendation. You will be able to request two recommendations and track the status of their submission IN the application system. It is important to contact your recommenders in advance to let them know to expect an email from “JFY Scholarship”. Once you complete this task, your recommenders will be notified to complete a letter of recommendation and upload it into your application.
- Before submitting your final application, double check it to make sure you didn’t skip a question.
- TOP TIP: The essay questions we ask are personal and may feel very vulnerable. It takes courage to be vulnerable, especially during these difficult times. You have been resilient in so many ways, and it’s okay to own it. Remember when you’re writing your responses, the scholarship review panel will not know who you are. It is to your advantage to be your authentic self and lean in to being uncomfortable. Your story is worthy of being seen and heard!
All applicants will hear back no later than March 2023. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We wish you the best of luck!